Saturday, August 4, 2012

Road Trip!!

I must have been temporarily insane to have decided to take a road trip with both boys.  By myself.  Yeah, temporary insanity sounds about right.  But I will admit that they were very good and we had a blast!!

We started our trip in Marion where we went to the Splash House.  The boys abosolutely LOVED the wave pool.  I thought I would have a heart attack.  If you've ever tried to keep track of one runner in a crowd of thousands, or maybe pick out one particular kitten in a litter of eight identical cats... That's almost what it was like.  Owen seemed to have no regard for his mother's heart health as he dived into the waves and got knocked over and wandered deeper into the pool only to be thrown back again.  Despite repeated attempts to interest both kids in the lazy river and/or the little playground, they both insisted on returning to the waves.  Thankfully Brenner was happy to stay near me!


This was another Groupon deal.  I had already paid, but it was only $9 for the 3 of us, but at only $5 per person without a discount, it is still very affordable!!  You can't take coolers inside so we bought lunch there: a hot dog, a slice of pizza, nachos, a bottle of water, and a small fountain pop for $8.  Not too shabby at all!!

After we were done and I had burnt my shoulders we stopped for ice cream in town to see of of Owen's best friends.  They were practically inseperable from the time they started preschool together at 3 until they moved right after Kindergarten.  The boys were excited to see each other and I got to catch up with a friend as well!  Bonus!

Next it was off to the hotel in Indy.  We stayed at a Drury Inn on the northeast side of Indy.  I had planned to find a restraunt nearby, but with free food for us all, and free adult beverages for me, I figured we would be just as happy staying put.  And by we, I mean me. 

(I love how there are 3 pillows on the bed and they are sharing one)

After dinner we went swimming.  Again.  What can I say, I have fish for kids.  They loved that the pool was indoor/outdoor and could swim outside and back in again.  Plus it had a hot tub.  Heaven!


After I finally pried my water logged kids from the pool we stopped to get popcorn (more 'free' goodies from the hotel!) and went back to the room where we watched a movie on Disney.  I'm pretty sure we were all asleep by 10:30pm.


The next morning we got up and enjoyed our hotel breakfast before heading to the Indianapolis Children's Museum.  We spent about an hour there before taking off for Anderson.  I love having a year long pass!! 








After the museum we were off to Colts Camp in Anderson!!  Woo Hoo!! 

When we got there I bought footballs for both kids to get signatures on in the Pro Shop.  Then we hit Colts City.  There was all sorts of stuff to check out including a trailer with Colts history, tons of vendors giving away free stuff (yay chocolate milk, even if it was 90 out!), and the Kid Zone.





Then we got to watch some of the practice.  Owen got to see his favorite player (Austin Collie) and so did Brenner (Pat McAfee).  We talked to some of the other fans while we waited and tried to stick to the shade until practice was over.




Once practice was over we waited not so patiently for autographs!  We had a bit of melt down because Owen didn't get Austin Collie's autograph, but I've promised to go back and try to get it for him (twist my arm!!).  Both boys did get Donald Brown's signature and O got T.Y. Hughes as well.

All in all, it was a fantastic trip.  We had fun. We had new experiences. We laughed.  I'm just not sure how it gets better than that!!










No comments:

Post a Comment