Saturday, June 2, 2012

S'more Cookies

I may not be the most creative or crafty mom out there, but the one thing I excel at in Momdom is cookies.  I love to bake, and I love to come up with my own recipes.  My boys, of course, love to taste test as I perfect my recipes. 

Today I made my first test batch of S'more Cookies.  They are a definite hit.  I am posting the original recipe I used today here, but may be back to make adjustments and add more pictures of the follow up batches!

S'more Cookies Please!

1 stick (1/2 c.) butter
1/3 c. sugar
1/3 c. packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. baking powder
1 c. all purpose flour
1 c. graham cracker crumbs
1 hershey bar, chopped into small pieces
6 marshamallows, cut in half
2+ hershey bars, melted or broken into pieces

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugars together until fluffy.  Beat in egg and vanilla until incorporated.  Add soda, powder, and flour and mix until just combined.  Beat in cracker crumbs and chocolate.  Place by rounded spoonfuls (I use the medium scoop from Pampered Chef for almost all of my cookies!) onto cookie sheet.  Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven.  Place a marshmallow half on each cookie and return to over for 5 minutes.  Turn oven off and broiler on.  Broil until marshamallow begins to brown.  Remove from oven and place cookies on cooling rack.  Drizzle cookies with melted chocolate or place pieces on cookies while still warm.

Makes 12 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment